Saturday, November 21, 2009

Myself in "The School of Athens"

The two men in the center of "The School of Athens" are the focal point in the painting. The focal point is the main part in the painting and the artist leads your attention to that exact spot. The two men in the painting are Plato and Aristotle. I feel more like Plato because he was a mathematician. I connected to him because I feel that one of my strongest subjects is Math and I am always trying to be the center of attention, like he is in the painting. Plato was also referred to as a very smart man. I find myself smart in some subjects but in others I still need some work on. In this painting you are able to see Plato teaching one of his students named Aristotle. I enjoy teaching people things or helping people out. It makes me feel good to teach someone something and it makes me stand out like the focal point in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment